Tuesday 28 June 2016

Forgotten Heroes - Final

So its time I submit the finished product. I'm in two minds about photographing my miniatures. On the one hand I keep thinking that I need a proper light box thingy that people use to make their photographs look professional. On the other hand though, I have to remember that my paint jobs don't really warrant the expense. I've ended up using my smart phone and struggling with a couple of lamps, one of which causes the phone camera to strobe if not in the right place.

In any case here's the finished product.


Thanks again to Forgotten Heroes and particularly Roger Webb for inviting me to participate. I've certainly enjoyed the process and have tried to step up to the challenge. I'm pretty happy with him overall and I'm sure he'll find a place in any pulp games I play. 

BTW I did find some examples of gangsters with leg cuffs from the 1930s, but maybe not so pronounced as this guy :-)

6 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you happy with him, he is superb! and considering how quickly you did him as well I am in awe of your talent sir! I'm so glad you were able to join in with this I knew you'd turn out a cracker.

    I've been asking all the participants if they could send me a picture of their finished favourite mini (not a hard choice for you I guess), against a white background as I have an idea for a new header for the FH site, if it's OK I'll try and use one from the picture above, but if I need another is it OK if I e-mail you?

    Cheers Roger. (P.S. I have posted this on the FH site).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I've been pretty impressed with the ingenuity of the others in the group especially the 3d printed figure and the bouncing boy :-)

    In any case you can use this picture or I can supply another if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John sorry forgot to say that the picture above was perfectly suitable for my needs, thanks.

      Cheers Roger.

      Delete
  3. He looks great!

    I have a light tent, which is a folding/pop-up light box designed to cut out shadows. But it does rely on external light sources. Mostly I just use desk-lamps or wait for a nice day and try to avoid harsh shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've had strobeing from a desk-lamp too :)

      Delete
    2. So you use your phone camera as well? I was using an old digital SLR but I realised that my phone camera has the same if not better resolution etc :-)

      Delete