Thursday 5 May 2016

Example Hobbit from wargames factory miniature

This is just a quick note to show that you can make hobbits from old Wargames Factory Saxon, Viking and Norman miniatures.

Front
 Back
I took a sheet of saxon bits. I took the leg bit and cut out the legs between the tunic and the shoes. I then glued the shoes directly onto the base of the tunic and assembled the rest of the figure as normal.I added a bow and quiver to his back and then I used a bit of green stuff to add a bedroll and strap, a small paunch on his belly, some hair on his shoes to make bare feet and a leg of cured ham on his belt. I also cut down his sword to look more appropriate for a hobbit.

I reckon it will paint up okay and cheaper than a purpose bought miniature :-)

2 comments:

  1. Nice conversion, Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been stuck down with illness all week.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Had a cold that almost turned into brochitis and knocked me off my feet for a week.

    ReplyDelete