Saturday 16 April 2016

Hobbit Conversions, screamers and an old pine box

I've been sick with a cold this week so this update is a bit late in coming. I still have a blocked ear for some reason :-)

As a job lot of miniatures I received from eBay a while back, I found 6 hobbit miniatures included as an extra prize.




They all looked like the guy above but different colours. I think they'd be from the board game 'The Hobbit: defeat of Smaug'. I thought I'd use them for roleplay games but the same static pose was a bit boring. So I converted them to these...


Using bits from my bits box and some putty, I now have a wizard, soldier, swordsman, slinger, spearman and an archer.

I also had a shrieker figure from *many* years ago that I had never painted. I decided that it would be fairly easy to make up a few more of my own with green stuff, so here they are.


I'm sure the keen eyed can spot the original.



Lastly, I knocked up a pine box coffin for dungeon detail.
I made this from paddlepop sticks and glue.



5 comments:

  1. You got Harry 'Hobbit' Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see the thunderbolt and glasses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work HotT the hobbits and coffin are brilliant, and no I can't spot the original.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops stupid me, should have looked at the bases! (Doh).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think I have actually based them better now :-)

    ReplyDelete